Saturday 25 August 2012

I don't want to see Prince Harry's bottom

Am I the only person to be terribly bored by this whole subject? Is there really nothing better to preoccupy the purveyors of news and newspapers? The Times has devoted double spreads three days running (and several articles) to the subject, but today, it pompously tells us that while it doesn't choose to print Those Photos, it thinks other papers are entitled to, since they are freely available on the internet. What it doesn't seem to see is that people who see them on the internet choose to see them; presumably, they search them out. If readers see them in the paper, they have no choice (unless they buy The Sun deliberately).

As for bottoms - and other bits - as a nurse, a mother of sons, a wife, I know what they look like. Yes, they differ. A bit. But THEY ARE NOT INTERESTING, even if they are Prince Harry's (I haven't seen the photos, but I don't suppose he is very different from anyone else).

That's it. I'll shut up now.

20 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to real "news", Frances? I have no wish to see the royal bits and pieces either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby asked me last night if I looked up Harry on the web. I said no. It hadn't occured to me to waste my time that way. I guess he was playing strip billiards and lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those who know me also know that while I can be called many things, a prude is not one of them, and I am certainly no stranger to what a man's bum looks like. But that's exactly it - when I want to look at someone's bum, it is because I chose that person to be intimate with, not because "journalists" think I should be interested in it.
    Same as with the bit you wrote the other day about the lovers at the pizzeria; romance and sex and all that is great and I enjoy it very much, but on my terms and not when it is practically thrust in my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a young man doing what young men do if they're normal, I think he should be left alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Susan, but I think they'll continue to harrass him, poor man.

      Delete
  5. I too am fed up with it now......every time I put the radio on (Mainly various local radio programmes ) Leave the lad alone.....he made a big mistake, but it isn't " news". I think more importance should be made about what his security people were thinking of..joining in it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worse thing for Harry must be that his "friends" betray him in this way, Frances.

      Delete
  6. I agree with you Frances. I agree with you Meike (mutatis mutandis in that men's bums don't interest me at all). I fact I agree with all of you. Is this a record?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Bloke takes off clothes' doesn't seem like news to me either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously a bad week for news, Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought that news was something that was "in the public interest." Well please take note ladies and gentlemen of the press - its got nowt to do with me what a young man (prince or not) gets up to in the privacy of his own bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres a world of difference between what's in the public interest, and what (some of) the public are interested in!

      Delete
  10. And more to the point - I don't care either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harry's a normal young man with normal hormones getting up to what most normal young men do as part of growing up. I dare say most men have done something similar (or wish they had) so why should he be treated any differently just because he is 'a royal'. So long as he does it in private, leave the lad alone to enjoy his life while he can.
    Maybe he'll chose his friends more carefully in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree, Gail. And now apparently he's going to be disciplined by his senior officer. What a ridiculous fuss!

      Delete