Monday 6 May 2013

Magpie 167


CAREER CHOICE

She lay down on a piece of paper,
Head in blue paint, body in pink.
She splashed her arms around a bit
And cried: "Hey! Mother! What d'you think?"

Her mother said, "it just won't sell, dear.
There's too much trashy art around.
You think you can make money? No, dear.
Get a degree. That's best, I've found."

"But Mum, you said I should have something
'To fall back on' -  won't this do?
I fell back on this piece of paper.
I only did it to please you!"


(With thanks to Tess at Magpie Tales for the picture)

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Frances. This made my day begin with a smile. Many thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always listen to your mother?

    Err, did you Frances?

    Love the verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Paula, I did (listen to my mother), but then she was WAY ahead of her time!

      Delete
  3. OMG - maternal advice all gone to pot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now thats what i call Body Art !
    Just like our very own Pro Hart
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete